Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Praise God!

Well as some of you know I am not getting paid maternity leave. My school district allows you to have up to 12 weeks off but will not pay you. You have to have purchased a short term disability policy with insurance and when it was time to sign up for the new insurance it was pointless because I was already pregnant. That is considered a pre-existing condition. I had signed up for a catastrophic sick leave bank just in case anything catastrophic may happen this year. If something occurs and you can not work you apply and they pay you for days that you miss. A "normal" delivery does not allow you to apply for this but since I didn't have a "normal" delivery I applied for it. I applied because I am going to have to be out of work a little longer. I received the phone call today that I was able to get this. This is such a huge blessing for our family! I am able to stay at home a little longer and fully recover. Praise God for meeting our needs! He has taken such a hard time and turned them into many blessings! Our God is good!

2 comments: